Your lips are one of the most distinctive features of your face. It is not for nothing that hundreds of women go for lip fillers every now and then, this practice being very common among celebrities. If your lips are pink and pretty, it looks very attractive but at the same time, if your lips are pigmented and chapped, it makes your face look dull and gives you a feeling of unpleasantness. Besides the attractive appearance, an unhealthy pair of lips also speaks volumes about your health.
You might not be aware of the fact that your lips are way more sensitive. They need some extra care to retain the hydration, smoothness, and softness. Here are a few tips you should follow for fuller-looking attractive lips
1. Drink water and fluids
Dried and chapped lips are a sign of dehydration. So must hydrate from within to make them look moisturized and hydrated. Drink water and eat fruits with high water content like watermelons, tomato, and cucumber.
2. Wear a lip balm with SPF formulation
You might have never realized but the UV rays from the sun actually dry out your lips and make them pigmented. So you must choose to wear a lip balm that has a mild SPF formulation and is moisturizing as well.
3. Remove makeup before hitting the bed
You know this, don’t you? Along with the makeup on the face and eyes, also remove the lipstick and lip liner off your lips completely. You can use coconut oil or baby oil for doing so. This will not just remove the makeup but also retain the moisture on your lip skin.
4. Quit smoking
Cigarette affects your appearance big time. It takes an ugly toll on your lips making them look dark and pigmented. Too much smoking also dries out your lips and they look flaky. Stop smoking to prevent the unwanted stain. Your health will thank you too.
5. Home remedies for soft and beautiful lips
Here are a few home remedies to make your lips soft and appear fuller.
- Exfoliate with sugar, honey, and coconut oil. Rub for a good 30 seconds before you wash it off with warm water.
- Use a toothbrush to exfoliate your lips. Rub your lips in small circular motions with a soft-bristled damp toothbrush. This will slough off the dead skin making them soft and pink.
- Mix ½ tsp of lemon juice with 1 tsp of honey and apply on your lips. Let it sit for 10 minutes, Wash with warm water before applying a lip balm. The honey will moisturize your lips while the lemon will gradually help you get rid of the pigmentation.
- Make a natural lip balm with fresh aloe vera gel and some coconut oil or almond oil. You can use it as a lip balm overnight. You’ll wake up with naturally soft and plump lips.
These super-easy tips will help you attain soft and beautiful lips with regular practice.
Don't forget to watch and subscribe to our YouTube channel: