The queen of Bollywood Deepika Padukone has a beauty and figure to die for. Though she was naturally endowed with such beauty and features, it has taken years of hard work to maintain it. As we all know that she had been an athlete and a runaway model in her early years, it’s her dedication and determination and discipline that has helped her enhance her beauty with each passing year.
In this article, we'll reveal some of her beauty and diet secrets that have enabled her to achieve a flawless look and svelte figure.
Deepika Padukone’s Beauty Secrets:
No wonder Deepika Padukone has flawless skin and she emphasizes on drinking enough water so that she stays hydrated and it shows on her skin. She too follows the CTM routine as part of her regular skincare ritual. She makes sure to remove her makeup completely after a shoot and avoids putting makeup products on her skin when she is not shooting.
She never forgets to use sunscreen during the daytime.
She uses a mild soap for body cleansing and loves a steam bath and body massage once a week. However, she prefers loofah over soap as it removes dead cells and improves blood circulation.
She loves treating her tresses with tender coconut oil as it protects the hair follicles against sun damage. This has been her go-to hair care routine since childhood.
Deepika Padukone’s Diet Secrets:
Deepika is a self-confessed foodie and she loves trying out a variety of cuisines but she also knows how to balance it out. She admits that she ‘lives to eat’.
Deepika has a very good metabolism and eats 6 meals all through the day. Her diet is rich in dietary fiber, proteins, omega-3 fatty acids, complex carbs, vitamins, and minerals. She is completely against crash dieting and also believes in cheat meals once every two weeks. But she makes sure that she eats her meals at the right time and avoids staying hungry. When busy, she compensates her meals with coconut water, fruit juices, buttermilk, and water. She also avoids rice for dinner.
Here’s a little sneak peek of her regular diet plan:
- She begins her day with a cup of warm water with a dash of honey and a juice of 1 lime or a cup of water with overnight-soaked fenugreek seeds.
- For her breakfast, she eats 2 egg whites accompanied by 2 almonds + a cup of low-fat milk or 2 egg whites with 2 idlis or 2 plain dosas or 2 servings of upma (she is a self-confessed South Indian food lover) or a bowl of Quinoa.
- She also includes a pre-lunch snack with a bowl of fruits.
- Her lunch consists of, Home-made food like dal, rotis, sabzi, salad, dahi, and raita. She also prefers grilled fish to avoid excess oil and get her dose of protein.
- Her evening snack is a cup of filter coffee with almonds or fruits.
- For her dinner, Porridge with homemade sabzi or salad, roti, and veggies.
- She avoids rice and heavy meals at dinner. Occasionally she adds a piece of dark chocolate to satisfy her sweet cravings.
Deepika Padukone believes in eating a balanced diet to stay and look fit. “For me fitness, health…. eating healthy is a part of my lifestyle….”. She says that suddenly going on a crash diet to achieve the desired figure lets your hormones out of control. A healthy balanced lifestyle is the best way to look and feel good.
Deepika finally reveals that her secret to staying healthy is her ‘me’ time. She suggests listening to music or going for a swim. She also tries to get her beauty sleep, be positive and lead a healthy lifestyle.
Don't forget to watch and subscribe to our YouTube channel: