Kareena Kapoor Khan is rightly touted as the Begum of Bollywood. Born in the illustrious Kapoor lineage and now the wife of the 10th Nawab of Pataudi, Saif Ali Khan, Kareena is an extremely talented actress in her own rights. Undoubtedly she is one of the prettiest actors of Bollywood and her radiant skin is envy for many. Though she was naturally blessed with a very bright and glowing skin, she works hard towards maintaining the skin with clean and healthy eating.
Kareena loves natural beauty and applies little makeup be it in her movies or public appearances. She has inspired a lot of women by her simple idea of beauty, it’s being comfortable in one’s own skin. That is what gives her the showstopper look.
Her Diet Routine:
Kareena has been a vegetarian for a very long time and she attributes all the greens and the fruits to her glowing and clear skin. She eats a healthy, balanced diet. As per an interview Vogue, she says that she prefers eating a lot of green leafy vegetables like spinach, fenugreek, and broccoli, and she also includes carbs in her diet. She doesn’t believe cutting off carbs from her diet completely.
She eats frequently in every 2 – 3 hours.
- Her breakfast is usually an alternative between upma or paranthas (without oil), muesli or idlis.
- For lunch, she prefers home-made food like brown rice or rotis accompanied by dal and vegetables.
- Her dinner is very light with a soup and some stir-fried veggies.
She also makes sure that her diet always comprises of a lot of fresh fruits and salads.
Her Skincare Routine:
Unlike her illustrious appearance, Kareena does not have a very high maintenance skin care routine. She keeps it pretty simple when it comes to caring for her skin but she maintains a discipline.
Here are some of her tips for a glowing skin:
- A clean vegetarian diet that clearly shows on her face
- She drinks 6-8 glasses of boiled water in a day
- She uses minimal makeup on her skin, which means the least exposure to chemicals.
- She makes sure to clean her skin after shooting
- She doesn’t go for facials. Instead, she applies a thin layer of honey massages her skin for a few minutes before washing it off.
Her Haircare Routine:
Her secret to gorgeous mane is very simple. Kareena uses a blend of oil (a mix of castor oil, olive oil, coconut oil, and almond oil) to massage her scalp and hair well. She avoids experimenting a lot with hair color. She also stays away from too many hair products to prevent chemical buildup on her scalp. However, she uses a Kérastase shampoo and blows dries her hair.
Besides these, she is a very ardent fitness freak and it is quite evident from the many photos that keep surfacing on the internet every now and then. She maintains herself naturally to always look like a million bucks.
Her looking good and staying fit is very low-maintenance and can be easily followed by anyone. She is an epitome to true natural beauty.
As said to Vogue, “I make an effort to look after my skin. I stay healthy, eat right and drink lots of water”.