I’m sure most of you have been drooling over Jennifer Aniston’s hair since her ‘Rachel’ days. And why not? Those shiny glossy locks that were even more accentuated by the iconic hairstyle is something we all must have wanted back in the 90s. We kids of the 90s have a lot of things to be attached with, the ‘Rachel’ haircut from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. being one. But did you know that the owner of the iconic haircut Jennifer Aniston herself was not a fan of the ‘Rachel’ cut? When asked why she was quick to answer that she always had to have her stylist Chris McMillan to help her ace the perfect look of the hair. She could never do it on her own.
But even after F.R.I.E.N.D.S., her hair has always been in trend for the way it looked and we all wish we could know the secret how she could pull off every hairstyle with ease and élan. So here are some few tips that she and her longtime hairstylist Chris McMillan has shared over the years with different editorials.
- She loves deep conditioning her hair but uses the minimum hair products as she does not like piling up on a number of chemicals on her hair.
- Her hair-washing process is very simple though. She never uses hot water on her hair. She washes her hair in warm water. Jennifer usually loves her hair fresh and clean. The days she is working, she usually washes her hair but gives her hair a break when she is off work. She also uses a dry shampoo on days she does not wash her hair.
Speaking to Glamour Magazine she says on her hair washing routine, “If I'm working then I usually do wash it because it has to have continuity, but if I'm not working I try to give my hair a break for as many days as possible."
- In one of the Elle interviews, her stylist Chris says that Aniston has naturally good hair, meaning you can simply scrunch it to make it look lightly curled or just blow-dry it for a straight, sorted-out look.
- She religiously goes for a haircut after every six weeks to prevent any split ends and to keep the tips of her hair healthy. But in between those weeks, she tries caring for her hair sincerely. She never brushes her hair harshly after a shower as though ripping it off. Instead after a light brush, she lets her hair air dry.
- Jennifer Aniston is a very old school when it comes to her hair. She has never tried out any outrageous colors and cuts and does not prefer going with the trend. Her go-to hairstyle is long, natural-looking beachy waves that give her a feeling of herself.
She told Glamour Magazine, “I don’t usually follow hair trends. I wish I could, but I always feel like I’m trying to be something I’m not”. However, her hair tip for the beach is applying hair mask and pulling it up in a bun. That way the hair gets protected from the sun and also gets a nice deep conditioning.
Now, here’s some advice coming from Chris McMillan, her hairstylist, “… the less you mess with your hair, the better. Less is more, don’t touch it, don’t wash it every day, and just let it be ... It’s really just about doing less and using good products to maintain its health”.
These hair tips are actually not that difficult to follow. The key is to leave your hair as it is instead of torturing it with colors, heat and tongs and rollers. Your hair is your crowning glory. Care for it well!