Chyawanprash is highly endorsed by Indians and is a specially formulated ayurvedic supplement. Most of us have been consuming a spoonful of this so-called miracle concoction since our very childhood. It claims to have a host of health benefits.
What is Chyawanprash?
Chyawanprash is basically an Ayurvedic jam-like composition with a base of Amla fruits (Indian gooseberry). In addition to this, there are also a number of other herbs like neem, pippali, ashwagandha, white sandalwood, tulsi, saffron, cardamom, arjun, brahmi, safflower honey, sesame oil and ghee.
Every ingredient has its own benefits on health. Since amla is the base ingredient, let’s discuss on its health importance.
Amla is known as having the highest Vitamin C content in the plant kingdom and is rich in antioxidants. Since the preparation of chyawanprash requires extensive cooking, tannins present in amla stabilizes the vitamin C content in the fruit thereby maintaining its nutrient value.
Chyawanprash and Its Support to Immune System:
The many ads that Chyawanprash telecasts on Indian television claims to provide your health with the highest immunity. Let’s study in details how it bolsters the immune system.
- Chyawanprash helps your body in the natural production of haemoglobin and white blood cells.
- Amla helps to eliminate toxins from the body while supporting the liver, spleen and the respiratory system.
- Chyawanprash helps develop ojas, the essence to immunity and youthfulness.
- It supports healthy muscle mass and repairs tissues.
- It is beneficial to your pulmonary system, clearing mucus from the respiratory passage.
- It is often used as a preventive ayurvedic medicine during winter months to strengthen the immune system and keep away from cough & cold.
- Chyawanprash is said to improve natural resistance rejuvenating, strength, energy and vitality.
- It is considered as an highly revered rasayana that deep nourishes your tissues, while preserving youth, health and well-being.
Few Popular Brands of Chyawnprash are:
Dabur Chyawanprash –
This has been in the market for ages now and supports overall well-being and health. It is suitable for all age groups.
Patanjali Chyawanprash –
They claim to prepare this concoction following the ancient herbal formulation for optimum health benefits.
Zandu Sona Chandi Chyawanplus –
This is composed of 51 Ayurvedic ingredients and has 9 immune boosting ingredients that is clinically tested to combat illness.
Chyawanprash is completely safe for kids and adults alike. It is considered as an all-rounder family tonic for good health.