Who wouldn’t want to indulge in chocolates? Right from a toddler to grannies, everyone loves to chomp on some chocolate be it any time or any day. It surely would make it to the top and best inventions of mankind. Yet, when it comes to health aspect, do we know if it is good? While chocolate can have a lot of milk, fat, lecithin and other emulsifiers, the cocoa or the raw cacao is what seems to be beneficial to the human body due to its high content of polyphenols that act as antioxidants. One can see the new-found popularity of dark chocolate that contains cacao and not the refined cocoa that makes it appealing to the health conscious folks.
Apart from having high polyphenols and flavonoids, let us see what else Dark Chocolate offers:
- It has high fiber and minerals like iron, manganese, copper, manganese, zinc, potassium, phosphorous, selenium.
- It improves blood flow and lower blood pressure while reducing the risk of heart diseases.
- Studies also show that it is effective in curbing the damage done by sunrays on our skin and helps to keep it blemish and wrinkle-free due to high antioxidant content.
- Dark chocolate is also a blood circulation booster that promotes hair and scalp health too.
- People who have Diabetes also can have dark chocolate without any fear, as it does not increase blood sugar levels drastically since it is low on sugar content.
- Like other chocolates, though dark chocolate is slightly bitter due to high cacao content, it helps in improving mood and relieving stress.