Nothing can beat the softness of a baby’s skin, especially their hands. The skin of their hands is incredibly soft and we just can’t stop ourselves from rubbing them against our face. As we start growing older, our hands start losing all the moisture and develop callouses, rough skin, chapping and blisters. Why not? The skin of our hands takes the brunt of daily chore making them look and feel like a desert. Not to mention, wrinkles start appearing too making them look ugly.
Here are some simple ways in which you can reverse the rough skin of your hand making them feel much softer and beautiful:
Use a natural hand scrub –
This is the first step to getting soft palms in a minute. Mix a spoonful of sugar with olive oil or coconut oil. Rub your palms and fingers well for a minute or so. This scrub will instantly exfoliate your skin of dead cells and moisturize your hand.
Leave-in moisturizer –
Nothing fancy there, the good old Vaseline does the trick! Take a dollop of Vaseline onto your palm and massage it well over your palm and fingers for about 30 seconds. Wear socks or fabric gloves to lock the moisture within for the night. You really don’t need to buy an expensive hand cream if you have Vaseline handy. Most women swear by Vaseline in their beauty regime.
Citrus to lighten hands –
Our hands often tend to get pigmented and dark due to everyday chores. Lemon juice helps. Mix equal amounts of lemon juice, honey and baking soda to make a hand mask. Apply and rub it thoroughly onto your hands for a minute. Let the mask sit for another ten minutes before you wash them off with warm water.
While these are some natural remedies to get baby-soft hands, here are some simple tips that will prevent premature-aging and drying hands.
- Never use harsh soap. Buy a mild handwash to clean your hands.
- Use sunscreen. Remember that sunscreen is not just for the face. Slather on a good amount of sunscreen before your head out.
- Don’t wash your hand with too hot or too cold water. They open up the pores of your skin making them look dark and unhealthy.
- Eat well including vitamins and nutrients to your food that will give your skin a natural glow. Add nuts and avocadoes to your meal.
- Drink enough water and fluids to keep your skin hydrated at all times.
- Massage your palms and fingers gently to improve blood circulation.
Try these tricks for a few days to get hands soft like a baby’s skin.