Just like we know that fertile soil is a prerequisite to produce good, tasty and nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables, common sense would tell us that a fertile body is important to produce healthy offspring.
Keeping that in mind, we must live in tune with natural processes.
In order to enhance the fertility of our body, some easy steps are outlined below -
- Are you hooked to your gadgets? If so, give them and yourself a break and catch some zzzs. Set your sleep cycle to an optimal 8 hours and preferably from 10 – 6 a.m. This can help regulate your reproductive hormones and boost your chances to begin a family.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking coconut water, sorbets, and sugarcane juice to stay cool.
- To avoid excessive heat on the body, stay away from EMF (Electro Magnetic Field) that every household appliance has such as washing machine, laptop or microwave.
- Reduce obesity get into the optimal Body Mass Index (BMI) range of 18.5 to 25
- Make your diet green as much as possible to increase folate-rich leafy veggies and avoid meat especially in the nights when the digestive system shuts off.
- Studies have also shown that wearing tight undergarments and attires increase the body temperature and hence obstruct sperm production.
- Avoid using laptop directly on your lap. If you must use a pillow or a desk to do your work.
- Go organic while shopping. It is a no-brainer that pesticide or chemical laden food wreaks havoc on our body, hence going organic will aid your body to go clean inside out while promoting detox at the cellular level.
- Stress contribution is a risk factor for fertility be it men or women and it is up to us to find a way to beat stress and learn to deal with it effectively.
- Cigarettes and alcohol, too much tea and coffee must be completely avoided as they too pose a serious risk for a healthy body.
- Other hormone disruptors are hidden in our daily using cosmetics or household cleaners including fabric fresheners, soaps, lipsticks etc. Minimizing their use or swapping for better green alternatives will help.
Couples planning the family way must get a full body checkup done to rule out any genetic or existing conditions that would prevent healthy conception and take necessary precautions to bear a healthy child.